Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wind

It has been a mighty long time since I blogged anything about noosa on this site so here is a snapshot of life in Noosa right now.

There has been some pretty good surf in the national park and I was there to witness some champagne conditions last Sunday with all of the points from Tea Tree back to Main Beach going off.

Notable this week has been the prevalence of grommets. I think I heard something about "pupil free day", so I hope it doesn't turn into pupil free week. This morning it was a bit hairy turning around on the "aeroplane wing" to find a sea of grommets in front madly paddling to get in my way. Brave and more than a little suicidal. The whole situation is worsened by 25 knot onshore winds which hacked up everywhere on the coast but Noosa, so it seems like every skeg from Caloundra northwards made their way here today. Praying for the wind to drop off so we have a bit more choice. Hopefully swell will stay up too.

Anyway managed to avoid any major collisions so not a bad day. Swells about 3-4 foot but Tea Tree stops working on the high tide, which we had at 9am.

Millhouse is staying at the Sheraton for the week, which is nice but probably not enough for Luca to do to justify moving in! For now its more fun staying with the wrinklies who love having him around and lots of splashing in the pool. Tried checking him in at the local kiddie motel for a morning but he bawled when I picked him up so not sure if I will do that again.

Finally I wish to draw your attention to a new variation on Mal riding which I had not seen before Sunday. Saw this guy out at main beach on a 12ft board (complete with Hawaiian flag) paddling out standing up with one long oar. How is this guy going to catch anything? Easy, just turn the thing around, a couple of big strokes and away as easy as a goat boat. Wouldn't mind trying that myself but have to wonder how many years of practice needed to stand up going out!

Comments welcome and I hope to get some snaps later in the week. Have been a bit slack especially considering the quality of the conditions on Sunday which I would have liked to show you.

Matt

2 Comments:

Blogger Tasty Burger said...

sounds delightful and delovely

explains why you didn't respond to the request for a surf last thursday!

be sure to ask pistol "what's news?"!

say hi to MM for us

7:00 PM  
Blogger surfnoosa said...

pistol, "what's news"?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home